Call for Ontario Political Advocacy Committee representatives!
The Ontario Medical Students Association (OMSA) is currently seeking applications for the Ontario Political Advocacy Committee (OPAC). The OPACs core activities include the OMSA Annual Lobby Day at Queen's Park, the OMSA Leadership Summit, and grassroots advocacy initiatives at each medical school. For more information about OPAC visit www.omsa.ca.
It’s an excellent opportunity to represent your peers and develop a better understanding of the issues in health care policy and delivery that will affect your future practice and patients. Students involved with last year's Lobby Day met with Members of Provincial Parliament, the Minister of Health and the Premier of Ontario!
Please submit a maximum of 300 words describing why you are interested in the OPAC, any relevant experience and skills you will bring to the team. Please send your application to the Director of Representation, Heather Smith email@example.com by September 30, 2014.
· Two students per medical school in Ontario
· Interest in advocating for changes in medical education, health policy and care delivery
· Available to participate in biweekly teleconference meetings
· Skills necessary for the role include writing, research, communication, organization and time management
· Past experience working with teams or in advocacy is an asset although NO prior experience is necessary
The 2014-15 OPAC representatives will be notified shortly after the deadline.
For any additional information please contact your VP external, 2013-14 OPAC representative or the Director of Representation, Heather Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.